Monday, May 17, 2010

My 2nd Flat using Illustrator.

I still can't believe that I am actually using this software to make flats.The fact is that the more you use it, the more you fall into it. This software is so awesome and I can't wait to learn its world famous sibling, the Photoshop. Now, I want to continue what I have posted previously which was about Historical Research. My research for my current collections were influenced by 1947's-1950's era. In that era, it was all about full skirt, A-line silhouette, Y-line silhouette and H-line silhouette.



The collections that I made are for Fall 2010 and the signature colors are lipstick red, pink coral, blue lagoon, oyster gray. When I designed these collections, I got reminded of Marylin Monroe's red halter dress. It was a classic full skirt dress which became an inspiration for me.




Three of my designs were using flower embroidery and the other one were using bow on the hip area. I also used pleats, princess seam line, V-shaped collar and layered dress for these collections.








No comments:

Post a Comment