Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hectic night


I woke up earlier this morning, prepared myself for internship interview at 2pm. I was very excited and looking forward to it. Yesterday night was a hectic night for me because I was gathering all the projects that I have done in class and putting them nicely in a portfolio. After that, I brainstormed on questions that might be asked by the employer, prepared notes and finally here I go... I arrived 1 hour early (it was a good time for me to review all the interview questions) and after waiting for some time, finally I met the designer of the company. She was very nice and friendly. She was explaining why they need interns, what are interns' tasks and benefits.

Well... they basically needed help! They needed somebody that can work for free and in return, the person get experience which sometimes money cannot buy. For me, it is all good. When we sat down, I showed her with my school projects from flats, sketches, patterns, my final dress from fashion 107A class, my jeans logo; well... basically everything!!! Thank God, she liked them! After she finished interviewing me, she still have another candidate to be interviewed. In closing, she said that she will make her decision tonight and that she will call me back tomorrow. The interview only took 14 minutes but it meant something for me. I learned something new; something that I never experience before.

Overall, I do not put my hopes too high because they asked the interns to work 2 times a week and need 12 weeks commitment. It means that I cannot find a job for almost 3 months and that is scary...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got the intership!! Yes, it can get scary not to have a job that produces financial support, but I agree that this is an important step into the fashion industry...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ixchel,

    I didn't know that you gave me a comment! hahaha..well u knew the answer already since we had that conversation this morning...but anyway..thank you for the support even though i didn't get it! ;p

    ReplyDelete