Monday, April 12, 2010

My 1st Flat using Illustrator.

Within the last three days, last night was the first time I could sleep early and allow me to tell you why... It was because I had fashion class project very recently. The project was about sport influence research and I chose "baseball" as the subject. Aside from the research, I also need to prepare flats and all the stuff that is related... I chose digital as my method of presentation mainly because of my ongoing Adobe Illustrator class, although I am still considered very basic. At least I can try my new skills, right? Another reason??? Simply because I do not want to spend $25 for the portfolio hahaha...... there..... I said it loud! haha...

I have started the project since last Fri
day and finally finished it up on Sunday night. During the past three days, I have learned a lot about the illustrator and one of them was the "shortcut". It is something really simple but it really helps me a lot. I.e. if you press Control+I, the cursor automatically changed to Eye Drop, Control+P, it will be changed to Pen Tool and etc. It sure fasten things out.

So long story short, I was finishing up my project
on Sunday night and getting ready for tomorrow presentation so here I go... I went to the class and while I was preparing all the stuff, suddenly my teacher gave me a comment that nearly made me crazy but one thing that I hate was, her comment was right. She said that the way I layered my designs could deliver unclear message to customers and also my color designs was too pale and so on and so on. On that time, my brain froze for a sec and the only word that came out from my mouth was, "Ok." When she was done, my brain started to think, "why why and why?.... after I put all my efforts to it but at the end the result was a negative." Well, the good thing was I could immediately changed what I needed to change and added what I needed to add. It took me almost half day to make it perfect.

One thing that I learned today was "not to be easily discouraged when people gave you a negative comment of your work or your creation" We should take it as a means for us to improve... more excellent in what we are doing. So finally, I presented my project at the end of the day and to be honest I was quite impressed by my own work... That I can finally create flats using illustrator :) so here it is...


2 comments: